The Joy of Growing Food and Handwashing Dishes

 I've always had a deep-rooted love for growing food. There's something incredibly satisfying about playing in the dirt, nurturing plants from seeds to harvest, and then reaping the rewards of my labor. It feels almost like a dance with nature, a timeless tradition that's been passed down through generations in my family. My great-grandfather and those before him were farmers, and I think this passion for working the soil is in my blood. From a young age, I've found happiness in a pile of dirt, doing my thing, and connecting with the earth.


But my love for the simple, hands-on approach doesn't stop with gardening. I also prefer washing my dishes by hand. There's a certain mindfulness to the process—knowing how to conserve water and soap, and taking the time to scrub each dish until it's truly clean. For me, it's about ensuring that when I reach into the cabinet for a cup or a bowl, I don't find any unpleasant surprises. There's nothing nastier than grabbing what you think is a clean dish, only to discover it's still dirty.


Both gardening and handwashing dishes bring a sense of accomplishment and clarity to my life. They remind me of the importance of doing things with care and intention, and they keep me grounded in a fast-paced world. Whether I'm digging in the dirt or scrubbing a pot, these simple tasks offer a kind of meditative satisfaction that's hard to find elsewhere.


Popular Posts