Cats Are Not Stuck Up, No Really!!!

Cats Are Not Stuck Up, No Really!!!

Most people assume that cats aren't affectionate, loving, etc while dogs tend to be. Granted dogs typically love everyone and cats seem not to like anyone but the reality is cats can be affectionate and bond closely with their chosen humans. The younger the cat is when it starts having positive interactions with humans the better. we've had cats since before I was born so I've interacted with dozens of cats during my lifetime. Yes, I am the crazy cat magnet lady! I currently have five cats.


My eldest cat is the mother of the others and one of my mom's op Ted, she's four, and they are three. My mama cat is affectionate but standoffish. I found her as a few months old size of the Palm of my hand-abandoned kitten. I had gone to the post office after I got off work one night before going home and had a tiny kitten come running down the stairs at me desperately meowing. She is largely an outside cat, her preference, but comes into sleep, eats, avoids cold weather, high heat, bad weather, or just because she wants my attention and pets. She loves to be pet but not held. She's slept on my hair dropped around my head in the winter for warmth. She gave birth to me in the middle of the night on my bed (gross right!!). She's even sat in my lap while I was sick with the flu earlier this year which is abnormal for her.


Now her four children that I keep: two boys, and two girls, are very affectionate. The biggest of the boys used to lay all over my aunt when she would visit before she died. He still goes looking for her where she'd spend most of her time when she would visit. He's a very verbal cat. He talks and cries a lot which is normal for a Maine coon cat mix. He adores my son and often sleeps with him. He will go to anyone to sit on their lap or for a scratch. He even tried to make friends with a neighbor's grandchild but she nearly blinded him by swinging the rake at him! Who does such a thing!!! Needless to say, he's accident-prone and a big baby.


Now his twin brother who's only slightly smaller than him doesn't say much at all. He'll hiss, growl, and chirp but rarely meows. But he is just as much of an attention whore as his brother. he typically sleeps on my bed or a box cuddles with his sister's and brother. As soon as I wake up he (and his sisters) come up to get a pet, often ending with them drooling on me like a St. Bernard!
The middle born and smallest of the siblings is a cute little springy one hundred percent indoor tuxedo cat that demands pets and a lap several times a day. If you lay down (even to exercise) she'll come over and cuddle up like a toddler with you for some love. She's pretty verbal meowing, chirping, and purring. She's one of those cats who thinks nothing of laying across the book in your lap or the keyboard of your laptop. Too bad she can learn to type so I can put her to work! She enjoys doing kitty pull-ups, my son as a spotter in case she falls, securing the house nightly, chasing her siblings, and getting "great grandpa" (my dad) pets as often as she can.


The other female sibling is a rather laid back quiet mostly indoor black beauty. She's super droopy, very affectionate, and very very attached to me. If I'm gone very long she gets mad and sulks even after I get back! She loves laying next to me or in my lap, drooling when she's pet, etc.


All these youngsters I handled from the moment of their birth. My mama cat did literally have them right next to me on my bed and would clean them and tuck them next to me for warmth and safety I guess. That was shocking, cold, and wet! In my experience the sooner and more you hold, pet, cuddle, etc a cat the more affectionate they'll be regardless of their temperament.

Popular posts from this blog

Mastering the Art of Critical Thinking: A Guide to Clarity and Precision